Friday, May 30, 2008

5 Random Things...

So I have been tagged by DesignHerMomma to share 5 random things about myself. Seems like my life is in limbo at the moment so maybe this is a good challenge.
1. I lost 25 pounds last year, have kept it off pretty easily but need to lose another 25 and am struggling to get motivated and really do it. I could use a GOOD diet buddy/motivator...the last one I had convinced me to forget it and just eat whatever I wanted for awhile (you know who you are, and it is all your fault).
2. I am still in the midst of planting my garden. It is a rather large plot and I am just hoping I can actually keep up with it this year. I was hoping maybe the kids would be into it a little more. This has turned out to be KINDA true but I already had two casualties, one by a 3 year old foot and one by a 3 year old wacking it with a shovel.

3. I had a great experience on my knees last week (not what you are thinking). Check out my friends similar experience here...my colors were apple green and white.

4. I just figured out how to make the best and easiest Strawberry Dacquiri with my new blender that I got for Mothers Day so if you are in the neighborhood please stop by and we can blend it up!

5. I have begun to realize that in the midst of having children I have lost a piece of myself. I think becoming a mommy all the sudden your focus on life can get easily out of whack. So much attention goes to your children and mommys tend to get put last on the list. It is easy to get burnt out b/c you aren't spending the time rejuvenating yourself and the relationships around you. I strongly urge all of you who are feeling a little disconnect with either you or someone close to you, to try and bridge that gap. Take some time (away from children) and reconnect, laugh and just enjoy yourself or eachother. I failed to do this, hopefully it isn't too late.

Now I get to tag 6 more! So, here you go fellow bloggers...get random!

3 comments:

The Sandoval Family said...

I like Random blogs like that. Thanks for giving me something to do on my long boring day.

houseofeling said...

nice list. thanks for participating in my shenanigans.

The Stamms said...

Good job with the weight loss...you look great! Keep up the good work.