Thursday, May 08, 2008

God through a 3 year old...

Lucas had said some of the most interesting God spoken thoughts lately and I thought I would share them with you;
We were getting off 465 onto 38th St and were stuck in Construction.
I said to Lucas: Do you see all the Construction Trucks?
Lucas: Yeah, what are they doing?
Me: They are making the road bigger.
Lucas: For Jesus?
Me: Well...no, not for Jesus, but so more cars are able to drive on the road.
Lucas: So that God can watch all the cars drive?
Me: Yes, so God can watch all the cars drive.
A few days later Tim and Lucas were taping up a box and they had one of those tape guns that you use for packing. Pointing to the wording (SHUR-TAPE) on the tape gun
Lucas says to Tim: Dad, do you know what this says?
Tim: No, what does it say?
Lucas: It says "Jesus is Alive!"
_______________________
A few nights ago we were saying bedtime prayers;
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
The angels watch me through the night, until I wake in morning light.
God bless mommy and daddy, my sister Lilly, Wrigley, Oliver....(etc...rest of family), and at the end he said "And God bless my buddy Neil and all my toys".

I think God is working through Lucas with those little reminders that He is always around and is everywhere you look, even in things like Construction and tape. :)

6 comments:

Tam said...

Blogs don't get any better than this! Love, Gram

The Sandoval Family said...

I agree with what Tamara said. Loved this one!!!!

Melanie said...

through the mouth of babes...loved the post!

Anonymous said...

I sing "He's got the whole world in his hands" with mommy before bed and I put you in his hands, Lucas! Thanks for being my buddy!

Joes Noise said...

Kids are so amazing God really does know what he is doing!

Anonymous said...

Melinda,

As Justine and I await the birth of our first son, I look forward to these types of moments. I would say that you witnessed first hand what Jesus was talking about in Luke 18:16-17.

"But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."