Thursday, May 22, 2008

36 hour adventure

So about last night around 8:30 I arrived home from a 36 hour adventure. This wonderful carpet company whom one of my favorite girlfriends (and original interior design mentor) now works for, took me and my beautiful work associates on a Carpet Mill tour in Dalton, GA. The trip started out and ended a little rough as you can read about here. But overall it was a great little getaway filled with many things. First we stopped to see how Carpet tile was made which was very cool. Then we were off to check into our accomodations which I have to say if you are ever planning on staying in Chatanooga I would definitely stay here...well without children that is. Very quaint little B&B right downtown. This was my very own room...along with Yes...that is a jacuzzi tub and Yes...I did jump in.
After we checked in we got to go to this great Glass Studio and actually blew our own glass christmas ornaments. Of course I forgot my camera in my room so you can check out some pics both here, and I am sure here. After that it was out for dinner with their carpet designers and then off to the mill the next day. At the mill we were filled with knowledge about Nylon yarns, tufting machines, dying vats, backing, and so much more. (It is a very interesting process even if you don't spec carpet everyday). We even got to eat lunch with the President of the company before we took off. After a 2hour delay out I would have to say we were exhausted. We realized we never got a pic of us girls, but weren't really up for posing at the airport. So I did find some pics from last year that I had to post b/c we are just all so cute! :)


Thanks for a great time Christi! And don't worry we'll keep spec'n!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

wow, what a fun trip!! that looks like a great b&b. great pictures, you look fabulous!