Thursday, July 31, 2008

Progress

First, my garden is starting to show some progress, here are the first of the cucumbers. I think I will have some squash in a few days and hopefully the green tomatoes will turn red before Lucas picks them all (b/c he thinks they are ready). I am trying to revive my acorn squash plant, we will see if my doctoring skills work...doubtful since I am not a very good gardener. Second, I am also seeing some progress with me! I have lost 3lbs. and ready to lose more! I am doing great with the excersize part; I started last Wednesday by pulling Lilly and Lucas in the wagon up and down the drive and around the house...58 pounds plus the wagon can really get your heart rate going! Then Friday night I walked two miles at my favorite park. Sunday walked one mile to the race track and one mile back from our parking spot (that counts right?). Monday the kids and I went on the Monon trail and I pushed the stroller walking 2 miles. Lucas actually jogged about a mile of that, first 1/2 and last 1/2. Some of you have seen his jog with his arms really going, he was doing a good job keeping up with mommy's "speedwalk". Then yesterday we headed back on our neighbors property. They have 14 acres back behind our house and they mow a weave of trails, if you walk all the way to the back you can see our other neighbors two horses which the kids think is great. So I pulled the 58 pounds in the wagon while the 76 pound dog pulled me...so my question is, does the dog's pull take away from the amount of my calorie burning or is it just increasing the calories since I have to walk faster? Hmmm...
The food side of things could be better. I should probably just go back to South Beach since it worked for me before and then I have some strict guidelines to comply with. So far I have been eating less, better choices for meals, saying no to things I know I don't need and snacking much healthier...wait till you see the peanut butter blog I have for later this week! Thanks for all the encouragement! I love the comments...it is very motivating!

6 comments:

Tam said...

You are a gardener, and your cucumbers look great!! A non-gardener would never have a garden every year! I'm proud of your exercising progress. That is one of the hardest things to keep up with. You are an inspiration to your little ones! Love, Tam

A Room to Grow said...

Sounds like you're doing a great job with the exercise and diet! The only thing that has worked for me is consistent walks with the dog - everyday. And counting calories. I do the Lean Cuisine meals for lunch, and TRY to avoid snacking during the day. Also, I did better loosing weight when I ate breakfast. Gets the metabolism going...

Keep it up! You can do it!!!!

designHER Momma said...

keep up the good work! I know it's hard, but you can do it.

Melanie said...

Fiber is your friend. That really helps. Here is my morning smoothie: About 1 cup of lemon sparkling mineral water, 1 cup frozen organic raspberries, 1/2 cup frozen org. mangos, 1/2 c frozen org strawberries. 1 Tablespoon flaxseed oil, some ice, 1 scoop protein powder. blend all in blender. it's delicious and keeps me full for a good part of the morning. also orawheat makes a really yummy double fiber bread. you are doing awesome mel, very proud of you.

The Johnston Family said...

way to go baby!! keep it up, it feels good to be able to be proud of it on your blog! luv u

Anonymous said...

Michelle from Decatur - Great job exercising. Just keep it up. Walking outside makes it alot easier. Keeping making healthly choices on the food and each week you will see a difference.M