Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Before and After



Well, some of you noticed the new hair do. I recieved a text message on my birthday from my girlfriend Christi that said she wanted to buy me a haircut and color! Who can say no to that right? I have never actually have had my hair colored...except for the one time freshman year in college by a girlfriend of mine...(it turned out very yellow). So needless to say I was pretty excited about getting something fun done. I have been growing my hair out for locks of love, but it wasn't quite long enough yet (unless I wanted to get a boy haircut) so we just went somewhere in the middle. Probably should have gone about an inch shorter to be a little more drastic, but when I saw 5 inches fall to the floor it seemed pretty drastic at the time.

So, last Thursday Christi took me to the best gay guy in town and I told him he could do whatever he wanted! Then she suprised me afterward with a little birthday celebration with the rest of "the girls"! It was fabulous...and VERY generous! Thanks again to Christi and to all the girls for a great suprise! It has helped me take a new perspective to 30. Sometimes a little boost in confidence is just what a girl needs to take on the WORLD...or at least MY world.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the length you decided on. It looks great!

Tam said...

I like your hair long. I like your hair short. You're definitely a cute girly-girl--thus, Lilly--your little girly-girl!

Sheila said...

I like your hair short it looks really nice! I bet it is nice to have it shorter for the summer!

Melanie said...

You look great Mel! "G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S..."

Anonymous said...

You look amazing!

houseofeling said...

hot momma indeed! even after an episode at the soup kitchen...