Monday, July 14, 2008

We likes to party...

Well, if you couldn't hear us rocking in the "burg" than you must live in San Diego. ;)
I had decided along time ago that when I turned 30 I was going to have this giant party. Well, it may have not turned out so giant but we did have a good time. And really it was just an excuse to have a party without children. Got to have adult drinks and adult conversation...and on top of it all there was an amazing band that rocked the night away since there were no children to wake up!!

As everyone has told me, 30 really isn't all that bad.

I was so excited that my highschool girlfriends came all the way from the region to help me celebrate! Thanks for also helping me set up and get ready! It was sunny for about an hour before the rains came down, so we didn't get to fully enjoy our outdoors. But we did get to still enjoy the deck for awhile b/c my brilliant husband had put a giant tarp over the pergola. Thanks Tim! One day we will have a party that isn't cold or rainy...really. But when the rains started to really pour the band started rocking the house! Matt & Roy 2(squared) + Dave can really rock the house! Roy on drums, Matt on Guitar & Roy Sr and Dave traded off playing the bass. I think everyone joined in for vocals but I know Roy was losing his voice by the end of the night! You guys were amazing!! Thanks!!
These were the back up singers. Good job ladies!
And here is Tim singing some Mellancamp.

Not sure who this base player is, but thought I would spare you the video of her belting out (and dancing to) Baby Got Back. (It is even hard for me to watch). Thanks to all who came!! I had a blast, hope you did too!

9 comments:

kelmatus said...

Happy 30th Birthday! You rock!!!

The Johnston Family said...

love the new hair cut! wish we could have been there!! miss you like crazy! =)

Joes Noise said...

I am glad u had so much fun, wish we could have been there to enjoy it with u. That new haircut looks familiar, like one u had in Junior High, makes u look younger.

Melanie said...

I want to photoshop myself in right next to the 4 of you!! Did you and steph plan the matching outfits?? too funny, looks like you ushered in the new decade in total style, love it! wish i could have been there:)

A Room to Grow said...

Happy 30th! Love the new 'do!

The Sandoval Family said...

I'm happy we were able to make it for a little while at least. Can't believe I missed you singing Baby Got Back!!! You looked great!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Melinda! By the way...it is spelled bass...maybe I'll relearn how to play before your next birthday.

Unknown said...

So funny b/c I first spelled it bass and then thought I was wrong so I changed it. I LOVED all my band players! You guys should go on tour!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry we missed it! Happy birthday!!!