Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Looking for the Beauty


It isn't too hard right now to find beauty right in your backyard. If you are as lucky as me, there are tulips and daffodils a plenty. They may not be surrounded by beautiful landscaping (hopefully yet to be done this summer), but their beauty catches your eye and brings a smile to your face. When you start to look closely at all the intricate details of a flower, they are really truly amazing. And I think when you start to look closely at all the intricate details of your life and how God has blessed you, you will be inspired. God makes so many beautiful things including you and me. Most of time I don't think we take the time out to notice the little things. I challenge you today to look around you, maybe take a closer look than you usually do. Look for the details in the spring beauty, or take time to do those little gestures that can change somebody's day- like a smile, or a hug. God's beauty can shine through you, and I hope He will shine through me today.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

you have always had the gift of seeing the things we take for granted in an amazing beautiful way. thank you for the reminder of how much beauty God has blessed us with.

Tam said...

You've got it, Mel! Gram