Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Pretend with me Mommy!

Jail. Yep, I put my kids in jail. I was the bad guy with my evil cohort Wrigley who was suppose to watch over them to make sure they didn't escape while I was gone (potty break), but Super Daddy somehow got the keys and came and rescued them (and Wrigley did nothing). Then they all chased me down and I got put in jail (behind the futon).
Pretending is pretty fun and definitely part of the everyday life at our house. And I do make a pretty good evil captor with a wicked high pitched cackle! Hee hee hee he he! Sends them running everytime!
Yes, sometimes I wish they would just run off and play by themselves and let me have 10 minutes of peace (which does occassionally happen...but then it usually gets too quiet and then you get to find out what they are really up to). I do have to admit it is fun to join in their games too...but watch out bc once you do there is no turning back. Lucas and Lilly play pretty well together most of the time, probably bc it is like monkey see monkey do (which Lucas loves). And as long as Lilly is doing everything Lucas tells her then there is typically no fighting, hitting, biting or yelling, but always guaranteed somewhere in the midst of a morning. Lilly is your "typical little sister" who likes to tease and torment her older brother, you wouldn't think this was possible with a 2 year old but I think she knows exactly what she is doing most of the time.

Yesterday and today the new found play was in the cupboards. I came home from grocery shopping and Tim said they had been playing in the cupboards, I thought he just meant they were playing with stuff from the cupboards until this morning when all of the sudden Lucas dissappeared but I heard this faint knocking...opened the cupboard door to find this...

butt in a pot, cute as can be. I heard him talking to Lilly later about getting in her "car" (the adjacent cupboard) so that they could drive to their friend Neil's and Ethan's house. Sometimes they are just too cute...and sometimes you just want to close the cupboard doors, lock them and leave the house for a breather! Don't worry...I don't have any locks!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too cute! Jacob has been on a football kick, pretending to tackle, etc...Mommy isn't too keen on playing that all the time though! :)

Anonymous said...

Lucas, poop or get off the pot! (or something similar) When I was talking with your mom the other day, you were on the potty a long time and she said "just poop already!"

The Johnston Family said...

hilarious pics! Jamie meant Lucas was on the potty right and you were the mom, cuz the first time i read that, I thought she was talking to our mom about you and that's just nasty. =)

Unknown said...

oh tiffany, that IS nasty! but thanks for a really good chuckle...and yes Jamie was talking about me as the mom...gross.

Unknown said...

ok, i just read tiffs comment again for like the third time and it was still so funny that hot chocolate almost came out my nose!

Melanie said...

Those are great pictures!! too fun at the Hess Household!

designHER Momma said...

funny, funny , funny!