Saturday, January 03, 2009

It is official...I have a 4 year old.

Well, I have been calling Lucas "almost 4" for a few months. And I think you can definitely see a difference when this age hits. It is a fun age to watch b/c he asks ALOT of questions trying to understand everything, talks back quite a bit (and sits in timeout quite a bit), and really just has so much understanding but at the same time, so much innocence. Some questions catch you off guard and some make you laugh. I think at the very least the next year will be quite an adventure and I am looking forward to it.
So, the dinosaur birthday bash went well, small crowd but it was nice. My favorite part actually happened after most people left... Lucas runs into the house after playing in the garage on his new Batman "motorcycle" (tricycle), "Mom! Am I still 4?" "Yep, you are still 4!" I answered. And with so much enthusiam and excitement he ran back in the garage to tell Hannah that indeed he was still four years old! Too cute.
And thanks to watching the skills of my cousin at Lilly's party, I attempted a 3d dino cake...have to say I was pretty impressed with myself!
Lucas loved his stegoaurus cake and his first request after blowing out the candles was, "Can I have a piece now? I want to eat his head!" (Nice).
And by now, he was a professional gift unwrapper and did not need any help from his friends or sister...but they snuck it in anyway.
Thought I would share some other funny pics of the little dinos that rocked the house. Kids are just too funny and cute.











There were all kinds of dinosaurs at the party;
scary drooling dinos, rock star dinos, dancing dinos, and even bus driving dinos. Good times.

6 comments:

Tam said...

Yes, good times! New Food Network Series-- "Mel's Party Room" --from the invites to the candles on the cake! Too cute--"Am I still 4?"

A Room to Grow said...

Wish we could have been there ... after coming to Lilly's party we know how much fun they are! Great cake ... and ... um ... we are still working on sending that birthday present.

I guess I should make my new years resolution... be timely with birthday cards and gifts!

grubb girls said...

Happy Birthday big guy!

Anonymous said...

Sorry we missed a great party! Happy 4th birthday Lucas!

Joes Noise said...

Sounded like fun, hope we can be there next year for the BIG 5! Love you guys. Have a great new year!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Cake! Couldn't do it better myself...tell Lucas Happy Birthday from Aunt Kristin!