Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Have you been at the edge of your seats?

Well last week I gave you a mission to guess the number of leaf bags. Since then we were attacked by birds and snow has fallen. Which means that I have failed my mission. I did accomplish the three (flattened by Lucas) piles you see above but there were still probably about 4 bags yet to be raked, so sad,...not really.
I am not one for excuses...BUT on Tuesday I was sitting at my desk (I am sure I doing something that useful) while preparing my mind to bundle up and grab the rake and all the sudden heard a thousand birds right outside the front window. You know how when you are driving and you see a field completely covered by a flock of birds or what seems like 80 billion filling a tree all at once, well that was my front yard. I could hear them on the roof, their claws on the gutter, and they were literally covering my front yard. By the time I got the camera out they were all taking off. If you could have heard the sound to go with the photo that would have been nice. But needless to say, that did tend to sway my thoughts that maybe there was something else that needed done that day instead of raking leaves (you know, in case they came back).
Anyway, I did fill 28 bags before the snow hit. Tamara was closest with guessing 30 and to the winner I was going to give a pumpkin pie. Unfortnately this is kinda like salt in a wound b/c Tamara is my mother-in-law and pumpkin pies were the only thing I was suppose to bring for Thanksgiving...so needless to say (if you have read the blog below), she was sad that we didn't come. Soooo...anyone that lives closer want a pumpkin pie? I've still got 2 in the fridge!
And your next mission: Guess how many birds are in the picture above! Just kidding!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You already told us how many birds were out there! A thousand! ...or did you not count them!?

Anonymous said...

28 bags...holy cow. I think it's a little sad that we don't have any leaves to rake.

Tam said...

I finally won something!!! Yahoo! Birds, let me see.............Is it anything like the loans that the federal gov. is giving out to everyone because they messed up?????????????????? Eric and I did end up eating a whole pumpkin pie over last weekend.

The Maples said...

No takers yet on the pie? I'll trade you your machine back for a pie....or what would that be double dipping? :)