Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Anyone else stir crazy?

It is kinda funny how the last few weeks every mom I have talked to has seen a bit stir crazy. They seem ready to go get a drink at the drop of a hat, more phone conversations and stir craziness then I have seen in awhile. I thought maybe it is the lack of Vitamin D from the sun, or the business of the holidays. I didn't really put it together until I was talking to a friend and I realized what it is...winter. Yes, winter (although not offiical yet) has kept us indoors, which has therefore kept the germs indoors, which has therefore kept our kids sick, which has therefore kept our kids crabby, which has therefore raised the stress level, which on top of typical "get ready for the holidays" stresses can really add up, which has therefore turned most moms I know into women who need a break. Well, at least I am speaking for me.
I was able to "get away" this past weekend. Headed up north to one of my best friends from highschools house on Saturday. We met up with a few of our other girlfriends, shopped at an insane mall, ate dinner in a bar where no children were allowed, found people from highschool on facebook, taped off a stripe to be painted on a dining room wall, went to a choir concert at our old highschool in the same auditorium we use to sing in, then I finally headed back home. It was perfect. Just enough time to relax, breathe, shop, girl talk, laugh (and then tried not to during the concert). Good times that were much needed, I did miss the kids but it was only 30 hours and they had great bonding time with daddy.
Thought I would share some funny pics. Reminissing in the old halls of highschool, next to the infamous art murals.

Had a great time ladies! You were a blast!
And if YOU still need some quality girl time (always a must to maintain the fact that even though we are moms/daughters/friends/sisters/wives we must take care of ourselves every now and then too)...feel free to drop me a line and we can get together!

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Glad you guys had fun! Hope your kids are all back to good health!

The Johnston Family said...

the kids are driving me nuts!! and yes, it wouldn't be as bad if it were just my two, but add the additional 2 18-month-olds and 2 other 4-year-olds and you really just can't help but sneak out during the day when no one is looking. of course that is illegal but it sounds fun to think about. =) hang in there...maybe we all will be a bit saner after Christmas???

The Sandoval Family said...

what a fun weekend we had together. we must plan more soon!! love all the pics!!!