Monday, December 08, 2008

All I want for Christmas...

Sickness Sickness go away. Don't come back another day.
Oh my goodness, I am so tired of everyone being sick. I think my house has been caughing for the last 4 weeks. Have been to the doctor, the ER, back to the doctor and will go back again in two weeks for a re-check. First it just started with colds, snot pouring out of the face, caughing, sneezing with snot to the floor...you know typical toddler stuff. Mommy started getting something too and that never helps. Went for flu shots/2 year check up and both of their chests sounded good and they seemed to be on the up an up. Then Thanksgiving week rolled around and we got hit by a stomach virus and croup. Then last week Lucas got croup and Lilly had an ear infection. Now at least one is on the pink yummy bubblegum meds and the other only starts caughing after running around in circles chasing Lilly or the dog. I got on some antibiotics for a sinus infection which I believe now has moved to my chest so I should probably go back.
Just when you think things may be improving, they both woke up this morning sounding horrible again...not sure if it was lack of humidifiers that we didn't fill last night, the air does seem extra dry and cold this morning, or what. Lilly was choking on phlem which ended up on the kitchen floor in a puddle and Lucas has green snot again. Daddy is trying to make it through the work day and should probably go to the doctor, but you know men. I think the only healthy one is Wrigley.
So needless to say the kids haven't been to school in a few weeks (mommy could use a break), and we have tried to stay pretty confined to the house although 4 days is about my max before I at least need to hit wally world or something.
So, all I want for Christmas...a healthy family please! So send prayers and some chicken noodle soup, I think a week on the beach could cure us all! (or at least me)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I hope you all get better soon. We have all been sick with something or another, but not as bad as croup. I wish I was closer so that I could make some chicken soup. Let me know if you need anything!

Tam said...

Bad times. I never welcome this time of year as far as weather and being sick is the pitts! Want a recipe for an easy homemade chicken soup? Get a can of chicken or rotisserie chicken from the local deli. Debone the meat, add water, chicken bouillon, carrots, celery, and noodles or rice. The carrots sweeten it up, so put plenty of carrots in it!! The little ones might like more noodles. Freeing rain coming up here--fa la la la la la la........

A Room to Grow said...

Hello? You should come on out here! We have the room, and there's a beach only 5 miles away! ;-)

Doesn't "Christmas in San Diego" sound nice?

(Rich will be here Dec 22 - Jan 2)

Melanie said...

I'm so sorry!! sick kids is just the worst. Maybe if they are sick alot now, they will have immune systems of steel and won't get sick when they're older. I don't know if that's true, i could totally be making that up but just trying to help! I wish i was close enough to provide the soup, but i think prayers cover any distance! hang in there, they have to get better soon!!

Sheila said...

It is no fun when the kids are sick and even worse when mom is sick. Hope everyone gets to feeling better soon!!!