Thursday, September 25, 2008

Future Engineers figuring out Cornhole...

You probably had to be there, but this seriously entertained them for over 20 minutes. They were just talking amoungst themselves and obviously had some sort of mission. This is how I picture the conversation...
Neil: Hey! What do you think that is?
Lucas: Looks like a race car with no wheels.
(Didn't capture the picture of this...but imagine them both sitting on the front of the box pretending to drive).
Neil: A race car can't go anywhere without wheels. Dad? What is this?
Dave: It is a game called cornhole.
Lucas: So, they call this box cornhole? That is weird.
Neil: So how do you think it works?
Lucas: Hmmm....well maybe this is where they keep the corn?
Lucas: I can't find anything.
Neil: Are you sure theres no corn in there?...let ME take a look.
Lucas: Well I am thinking that maybe if I try and climb inside, then I will be able to get a better look at this. I'm going in!
Neil: Allright buddy, I'll cover you!
(Lucas then seriously tried to climb inside but all that fit was his leg. Then I showed them the bean bags and how it really works and I think they were dissappointed.)

6 comments:

Tam said...

Precious. I wonder what little girls would do and say.

Melanie said...

i think you nailed the conversation! too cute!

The Johnston Family said...

that's hilarious! what good buds.

Anonymous said...

How funny...too bad it didn't turn out to be a car instead!

Joes Noise said...

you crack me up! Boys are so into the whole how does it work. LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

Kids sure are curious. Did you put the boards closer together so they could play?