Thursday, June 12, 2008

Back to Life...Back to Reality

Well, if the lyrics don't pop up in your head once you read the title...well you are just too young. I got back yesterday from Neocon and it is definitely back to reality pretty quickly. I woke up this morning at 4:50am to Lucas calling out, "Mom! Can we go outside to play yet?" I was really hoping maybe he was dreaming and wasn't truly wide awake but I heard him talking quietly to himself for about the next 1/2 hour before he decided he was truly ready to start his day...I was not. The kids were pretty cute when I pulled in the drive, Lilly was REALLY excited to see me and was full of hugs. Thanks to Tim's mom for coming down and helping out! It is really nice when you are away and don't have to worry about your kids being well taken care of!
This is the one and only picture I got this year. We were down a few good women, but had a great time seeing all the new product and catching up with the industry.
I also think I caught up with my waist line, I did eat alot of good food in the midst of 52 hours, but seriously I think I left 5 pounds skinnier...really need to get on that diet/work-out plan asap. Why is it so much easier said than done?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was singing it!

The Sandoval Family said...

That is an absolutely gorgeous picture of you! Your hair is getting so long again! Glad you had a good time!

The Stamms said...

Great....now that song is gonna be stuck in my head the rest of the day!

Melanie said...

you look gorgeous mel! glad you had such a great time with the girls! (the reality check back into regular life is always a bit tough!)