Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Weekend Part II...and III

Saturday after the game we headed north to Suprise Tim's dad for his birthday. Not too many pics, but I thought this one with the grandkids all blowing out the candles was cute.
Then Sunday we got to see Miss Allie our niece get baptized.
Check out those big brown eyes!
Then we tried to get a picture of the four grandchildren...can you guess who didn't want to participate??
Ok, so you are probably thinking...wow that is alot for one weekend. Ok, I will admit that I have a problem. I tend to shove too much into one weekend with the mindset of "we can do it all and make everyone happy". Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. My friends make fun of me for how much I try to squeeze in and my husband tends to get frustrated. I will have to blame this learned trait on my mother. We would always go on vacation and she would have the whole day planned from sun-up to sun-down and it could drive you crazy (but I do admit I got to see alot of cool places). We joke about it now with her (b/c she still does it)...but the question I have is "Why do we tend to mimic our parents even if we don't want to??" I do not have the answer...but I am trying to be better. Sorry to say this past weekend was NOT a good example...but we saw alot of family and had a good time.

6 comments:

The Stamms said...

Wow...that is a lot for one weekend! It makes my head spin! Not sure we can do that anymore!

Anonymous said...

Wow, the brown eyes! beautiful!

The girls look so content talking about this and the other, and then there's the boy--"Not enough action for me! I'm out of here!"

houseofeling said...

I'm thee queen of slow down lately if you want to take some lessons from me...

Karen a.k.a. lady fish said...

I've been imitating the impatience of my mom, lately. I don't want to nag, so I just ok, if you're not ready, I'm leaving without you, which is totally what mom would do.

The Sandoval Family said...

Don't 4get to bring your camera this weekend. See ya soon!

A Room to Grow said...

We tend to do too much or nothing. Today = nothing. I am recuperating from a week with friends from Chicago with a 4 yo and 18 mo. Oh yeah, check out my blog for some BIG news!