Friday, February 01, 2008

Bug soup anyone?

My grandmas and mom came over yesterday for a little birthday lunch celebration (for my grandmas whose birthdays are a few weeks apart from eachother). They did eat a delicious chicken salad lunch but little did they know what would follow! Lucas wanted to play his new game that he got for his birthday. They of course readily agreed with none of us realizing that it would later turn into a bowl of bug soup! Here is the chef hard at work preparing his concoction.
Everyone enjoying their spiders, dragonflys, bettles and more!
Yummo!! Eat up grandma!
This is the actual game from Discovery Toys. It is actually a matching, sorting, color, and pattern game. But they also have a recipe for Bubbly Bug Soup that you can concoct. I think it is actually one of the best games I have seen for this age group. It deals with colors, counting, building patterns, shapes (of bugs). And at the same time they are learning bug names and how to follow directions! It is always great to make learning time something fun! If you are interested go here or feel free to email my sister who just happens to sell this wonderful product! (Your welcome for the free plug Jo!) Have fun being buggy!

3 comments:

Tam said...

I can hardly wait to taste that! Gram!

Roys Photography said...

I love this game and it's not just because I sell Discovery Toys, but it's fun in so many ways. Kids that are scared of bugs become less scared and they learn their colors, patterns, etc. I have played this more with my foster kids and day care kids than any other game besides, ZINGO, which is what he will probably get for his fourth birthday. I am glad he enjoys it and you did too. Good luck with you surgery today Mel, I love you.

The Stamms said...

Sounds like a great game...I'll have to look into getting it for Jacob. Especially since he loves playing board games, like Lucas. Keep us posted on your recovery!