Saturday, February 09, 2008

TOP TEN(S)

TOP TEN Things you take for granted when you have a good knee:

1. Walking
2. Picking up your Children
3. Going to the bathroom normally
4. Getting up whenever you want to do whatever you want
5. Being able to carry through on a 1...2...3 timeout threat
6. Standing in one place for more than 30 seconds
7. Going up and down the 2 stairs in your house
8. Sleeping on your stomach
9. Not having to ask someone else to get everything for you
10. Taking a shower


TOP TEN reasons this week wasn't too bad:

1. Tim has made/cleaned up all the meals
2. I haven't changed any dirty diapers
3. My husband has been home all week
4. I haven't picked up any toys
5. I haven't had to work
6. I already finished one book and 2 magazines
7. Watching my husband be amazing and take care of everything, he may not do everything the same way I do but I will have to admit there are some things he does better than me
8. I haven't had to start physical therapy yet (the hard part of this surgery)
9. I get to take at least one nap a day
10. I don't eat as much b/c I am immobile and drugged...maybe this will turn into a weight loss instead of a weight gain??...(I won't get my hopes up).


Top Ten things I am looking forward to:

1. Taking a SHOWER...hopefully tonight
2. Picking up my children and feeling like I can take care of my family (it is hard to be taken care of when you aren't used to someone doing everything for you...this has been a bit of a struggle for me, but nice at the same time).
3. Driving somewhere...that will be awhile.
4. Tim's moms cooking (she comes tomorrow).
5. Scrapbooking...hoping to get to that
6. Reading more books and watching more movies
7. Eating the lasagnas that friends have brought over! Yum!!
8. Getting out of the house (for more than physical therapy)
9. Being able to jump on my husband...or just jump
10. Did I mention a shower?

3 comments:

houseofeling said...

nice list...hope you enjoy the dinner...for like the next week!

The Sandoval Family said...

I liked all your top tens. Good luck at physical therapy this week... OUCH!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with recovery...enjoy the help while it lasts, and catching up on reading, etc...