Monday, January 28, 2008

Upcoming Surgery

Well, for those who don't know I will be having knee surgery to replace my ACL next Tuesday. It should be very interesting since I will have weight restrictions and can't lift my children for 2-4 weeks....yes I said I can't lift my children for 2-4 weeks. I am really not sure what I will do with all of the free time...and free hands. I do have a pile of books waiting to be read and magazines that continue to get tossed to the side. So maybe I will actually catch up on some reading, some recipe finding/sorting...and maybe if I am lucky enough to prop my leg up just right I can even start a scrapbook for Lilly since she is almost 16 already.

My husband is taking some time off work and I will have Tim's mom here for a few days and my mom for a few days. So I am not worried about the kids or the house b/c I know Tim will do an amazing job. But I am worried about sitting still long enough, trying to explain to crying children that they have to come over and sit on my lap b/c I can't carry them, getting frustrated with not being able to do simple things or screaming in pain b/c Lucas jumped off my knee from the top of the couch. I am sure it will be a humbling experience and I thank everyone ahead of time for helping out in all the different ways I am sure you will be asked to do.
I think Lucas is planning on cooking for me, he has been in training...
So at least that is covered! :) Now all I need to do is teach him how to do laundry, bathrooms, dusting, vacumming, and not to forget autocad so someone can earn some money too!

7 comments:

The Sandoval Family said...

Okay I know I live far away, but if you can't think of ANYTHING I can do to help let me know. I'll be praying for a fast and non painful recovery.

Anonymous said...

Where have I been? Lilly is 16 already?!

The Stamms said...

We had no idea you were having surgery!! Good luck...it's nice to have help with kids, house stuff, etc...Keep us posted on how you're doing!

The Maples said...

Let us know what you need. If Lucas wants a night off, we'd be happy to bring a meal over. Also, I'm off Tues & Thurs - keep me in mind if you need a hand!

Unknown said...

Hey Mel, I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers! Let me know if you need help with anything!

houseofeling said...

we will bringing over dinner....hope it goes well!

A Room to Grow said...

wow, have i been out of the loop! hope the surgery goes well! we'll be thinking about you!