Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Choo! Choo! All Aboard for a Birthday Party!

Lucas initial moment when we first revealed his train cake...utter excitement!!! Totally worth the effort! I got the original idea from my friend Stephanie who had made one for her sons birthday a few years back. And thanks to my siser-in-law Amanda for helping me late Friday night on this icing and candy adventure!
Lucas waited all morning to show his friends his cake...what patience!
You could tell all the kids were anxiously waiting to eat some!
His friends not only got to help eat the cake but also open presents! Good job sharing by everyone...and that is saying alot for a bunch of 3 year olds!
Thanks to everyone for making Lucas' golden birthday so special!!

4 comments:

grubb girls said...

Awsome cake!! have you been eating cake all week? it's huge!

Tam said...

The part I liked best was all the kids riding on a toy in the garage going around and around. Teaching 7th grade has prepared me well for grandparenthood! What a great time! Gram

The Sandoval Family said...

I love the sign with his name on it and the cake looks AWESOME!!!

houseofeling said...

that train was the bomb. I think Piper wanted to eat the whole engine...