Tuesday, May 05, 2009

summer here we come!

Well, the deck is ready and so are we. The sunshine felt so great today. I was actually cold sitting inside and got up to let the dog out and just laid on the hammock for a few minutes and warmed right up! (and almost fell asleep). It felt sooo good!
I have a couple of pics and stories I wanted to share but they are on my phone and I can't figure out how to get them off yet...one day.
So, what have I been up to you ask?? Enjoying the weather, dealing with tendonitis in my foot and keeping up with the kids...oh yeah and a RACE! No pictures to share, but it was really fun catching up with my girlfriends before and after the race, and then I just tried to keep up with them during the race. We did the 5K that goes at the same time as the Mini Marathon downtown. Our college friends started this 3 years ago. The guys do the Mini (13K) and the girls do the 5k...maybe one day we will switch (yeah right). I didn't do as well as I wanted, I did beat the pregnant one...but if I didn't do that it would be pretty sad. 3.2 miles in 42:51. I sped walked/jogged the entire way but I think bc I was essentially not joggging for two weeks before bc of my foot is what put me under. Just couldn't keep up my stamina! Next year will be better.
I started physical therapy today for my tendonitis...he scraped my calf and foot. MAN! I just wanted to scream curse words during the calf one...and then I was expecting him to do the other side and he didn't. Which my brain was thankful for but now my other calf feels so tight. Seriously, getting old kinda sucks.

3 comments:

Tam said...

Old!!! I think you have the weekend warrior syndromes. It's not old, just older--remember that. Wrigley is now in his prime years--look at that face!

The Johnston Family said...

you didn't tell me about your foot problems!! am I slacking on the phone call conversations? Isn't it great to get out and about! =)

Susan said...

Hey, you did awesome on the 5K...now you have something to look forward to, and beat that time, right? I can't wait for summer too! Good luck with getting your foot better!!!