Wednesday, May 20, 2009

No Modesty

So I will just start the preface of the story; we got back from Loews tonight with new sand for the sandbox/water table (which I got free on the side of the road end of last week *bonus*). The kids played in the driveway a bit and then we headed for the deck to pour in the sand and water the plants etc. By the time I got the plants watered the kids had managed to cover themselves (and by cover themselves I mean within 10 minutes they had poured sand on eachothers heads) so in we went for bath time. Lucas was about to get in the bath and remembered that his Batman was still in his purse, (yes I said purse)...let's call it a man bag for now. I thought he had just left it in the car. So when he ran off to grab it, already naked and ready for bathtime I didn't think too much of it. But as he ran out of the bathroom he is mumbling about his motorcyle...and then it starts to click in my head.......oh no! I get up and start yelling after him to stop but he is in this "Don't worry mom I can get it myself!" mode where he is not listening to anything I say while making a mad dash outside...So I would like to apologize for those of you who may have been driving through the Burg this evening and all the sudden got quick view of a naked butt running out of the house and onto the driveway to grab his "man-bag" which he had NOT left in the car but on the handle bars of his "batman motorcycle" (bigwheel) out in the driveway. So needless to say by the time I caught up with him it was too late, naked as can be with no shame out in the driveway. When I started to explain that he shouldn't go outside naked and he just asked "Why mommy?"
This was after the event that happened the week before last...I put the kids in the car for school but forgot their bookbags inside and ran in to grab them and ran to Lilly's room to grab her blanket. When I get back to the garage Lucas' car door is open and he is not in the car anymore. I called for him and he yells from the side yard outside the garage..."I'm out here mom! I needed to go pee!" "WHAT?!*!?" ...And yep, as I step around the garage opening there he is pants down to his ankles peeing in the grass...niiiice. So again, for all of those during rush hour on their way to work that morning, I apologize. No modesty what so ever. I will add this to the list of things we are working on!

4 comments:

A Room to Grow said...

Maybe you need to accept that you've got a junior nudist on your hands. :)

designHER Momma said...

There's no shame in his game...

The Johnston Family said...

real niiice! Hannah goes back and forth...one day she'll change butt naked in front of Erik, other days she warns him to get out b/c she's going to change!!

Melanie said...

BOYS! We were getting out of the car the other day and Jackson opened his door and appeared to just be standing there. I'm all, "Jackson, get out of the car, let's go."
"Hold on, I'm peeing!"
Hello?!?! Peeing out the car door onto the driveway?? Is there just no place they WON'T go? They have no shame...