Wednesday, July 25, 2007

This is my life...

My house doesn't typically look like this by the way. This all happened in the midst of a 15 minute phone conversation with my boss yesterday. First it started with Lucas building a "fort" around him and Lilly with the cushions and then he started to cover Lilly in the clean clothes that he took out of the basket. Lilly started crying so I set her outside the mess and the next time I peeked around the corner Lucas had emptied out his toy bins into what was now a massive pile of crap.
He thought it was sooo cool.And this is the proud monkey standing on top of his castle...before I made him clean it all up. No wonder I had a mental break around 4:00. Sometimes being a mom, a wife, a working woman, a housekeeper, and a cook is really not that easy to do. I think without Tim I would just go insane.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice!

A Room to Grow said...

you're also the family planner, schedule organizer, shopper, ...

;-)

kelmatus said...

That is too funny...my boys are that creative to TRASH the entire room...give them time. :)

Anonymous said...

Where's Lilly? I hope she still isn't under the pile!

Anonymous said...

And Lucas had enough time to get in a banana! I wondered too if Lilly was still under there. Didn't I tell you architect?!!!! Keep the faith, Mel. Love you all, Gram

The Sandoval Family said...

Gosh I haven't had access to a computer in a couple weeks and I feel like I missed so much with your blogs. The kids keep getting cuter... porch is really coming a long... and the family room mess made me laugh. (sorry)

houseofeling said...

I would have cried....I might cry for you right now.

The Stamms said...

Wow...Jacob hasn't gotten into forts yet...thankfully!

Anonymous said...

...it's what I've chosen to do...there are no free rides, no one said it would be easy

Sorry...just felt the need to finish that lyric from Mellencamp