Monday, July 23, 2007

My little Crazy Stacker

Have I told you my son is into everything?? Up high, down low it really doesn't matter, he will find it. I was making dinner and had to distract him away from the "baking" shelf (which I thought was out of reach...but when you stand on top of a stool it is not) so I told him he should put some of the cans into his kitchen cupboard. Well, he decided stacking might be more fun. He took all of the cans out of the pantry and stacked them up as tall as he could reach.
He has always been into stacking and this reminded me of a time when he was only 15 months old. I was working on the computer and all the sudden looked up to realize that Lucas had stacked his blocks as tall as himself.

Typically I always listen to him as he plays around the corner while I work, but it is always pretty funny to walk around the corner and see what he is actually doing. Sometimes its funny, sometimes its scary, but most of the time I am just amazed. So, will he be an architect, an artist, or just a crazy rock stacker like Tim and I saw in Sedona. Hmmmm. What do you think?

6 comments:

grubb girls said...

maybe ashtin and lucas can start an architecture firm together! He's got a creative side to him!!

Anonymous said...

I say architect. I can see him drawing on paper now or on a computer--so serious and plays well by himself. Love, Gram

Roys Photography said...

I think he will probably be an engineer building things. Wish you had the Discovery Channel he would probably love it. They have this cool show called building it bigger/taller.

The Johnston Family said...

don't you just love their thinking and creativity?? (i can't wait to see your kitchen and deck!! that's awesome....good work guys!)

Anonymous said...

Whatever he does, he has to be physically building, not drawing for someone else to build.

The Stamms said...

That's very impressive Lucas...don't give Jacob any ideas! :)