Monday, July 30, 2007

Celebrating 40 Years

My sisters and I threw a 40th Anniversary party for my parents yesterday. Their anniversary was actually June 25th (I was born on their 11th anniversary). But with Tiff having a baby we decided to throw it later. My friend Melanie help me put together a DVD showing some old pics and everyone loved it! (Thanks Mel!) Here are some of my favorite...
Ahhhh...such cuties.
The bride and groom.
Hippie love.
The family that resulted from the hippie love.
(always in matching outfits made my mom)
And here they are stuffing cake in eachothers faces yesterday.
After 40 years they still know how to have fun! They were married when they were 20 (before my dad was shipped off to Vietnam). I am sure it has been a long ride, full of ups and downs, love, and forgiveness and being surrounded by family and friends. I hope Tim and I make it through with as much love as theirs.
Happy 40th Anniversary Mom and Dad! We love you!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the "hippie love" comments and pictures! The expression on your face with your family says, "Okay, what's next and what can I do to make it happen?!!" When you get a chance want to hear about the party--Love, Gram

houseofeling said...

what a great post! 40 years is quite an accomplishment!

The Stamms said...

That is just amazing and wonderful! Congrats to your mom and dad Melinda!

The Johnston Family said...

that's so nice of you to post this...it was a good party and fun to see everyone. Great job with the planning babe!!

The Sandoval Family said...

This blog brought tears to my eyes. I love your parents. Congratulation Fred and Brenda!

Anonymous said...

Please pass on our congratulations to your Dad and Mom. They are very special people! I didn't realize they were that much older than us! :) We'll be married 34 years in October. Yes, it has ups and downs but when God has His proper place in your home you get through them! Having a great pastor helps, too! May God continue to bless all of your families!!