Monday, March 26, 2007

Monday Morning Chaos...

Ok, this blog is a little long, but all of this only happened in an hour- 7:30-8:30 this morning. Is this a sign of how my week will be? I hope not.
So, we are in the midst of Kitchen work- new lighting, removal of wallpaper, paint, spackle, etc. So therefore everything that is typically on the counter is sitting on the kitchen table or wine buffett. The wine buffet is sitting in the living room, along with Lucas' highchair. He typically doesn't sit in his highchair anymore, but today he figured if he sat there he could watch Curious George while eating oatmeal and yogurt! That idea worked for me too b/c it would give me time to make my breakfast. I started the South Beach diet last week and breakfast is just not as simple as putting a waffle in the toaster anymore. So today I tried Artichoke eggs benedict. Beautiful...but not worth the pain.






So while I am preparing my beautiful breakfast, Lilly awakes and I put her in the bouncer on the table. Lucas has finished his oatmeal and is playing with a big spoon that he got from the utensil holder behind him. I finish peeling the leaves of my artichoke and am talking to Lilly when I realize that Lucas has not only gotten into the utensils but also the spice rack. Italian Seasoning was his choice of spice...which was now covering his entire body, the highchair and the floor. Italian Seasoning with your yogurt anyone?

As I start to brush the spice out of his hair and strip his seasoned covered PJ's I realize that he also has a poopy diaper. So not only does it smell of strong spices...but it smells like Italian Seasoned poop!!
So as I change his diaper and start to clean up the mess, Miss Lilly decided that maybe I needed some help with clean up! She managed to grab the paper towel from the dispensor that was on the table and pull out about 6 sheets. I actually found this pretty cute...and she had such an innocent look on her face.

This reminded me of the toilet paper incident with Lucas when he was 9 months old. So since Lilly is only 4 months old...I think I am in trouble.
About an hour after this I was feeding Lilly on the couch and Lucas pushed a chair over to the kitchen sink where I had hard boiled eggs cooling off in cold water. He started to pull them out and crack them on the bowl (as he has seen Mommy do). Luckily they were hard boiled...so no mess. He always does like to help me bake...I thought it was b/c he got to lick the spoon afterward, but now I am wandering if I have a future chef on my hands. Oh my...another day in the life of the 2 kids. Goodluck to those who are pregnant with the second. Sometimes it can be quite a handful. Am I really suppose to accomplish anything else?

5 comments:

A Room to Grow said...

gee, makes my morning sound easy!

care to work on a 20-page catalog chapter instead?

Roys Photography said...

Do you now need more Italian seasoning? Ya know Pampered chef has some. Ha ha. I am glad you are enjoying motherhood, and all the fun that it entails. I love you all. Auntie JoJo

Anonymous said...

That is all too funny! Hope your mornings get easier as the week goes on. Does Jo sell pampered Chef now?

grubb girls said...

looks like a crazy morning! you are a true blogger to catch it all on camera! A+ on your breakfast presentation!

houseofeling said...

ok, the breakfast looks fab....and are you saying you don't have eyes in the back of your head? I thought a pair of those came with the second kid!!!!