Thursday, November 13, 2008

The weekend...what a zoo

The crazy weekend began late Friday night picking up some special visitors at the airport and then Saturday morning we put one of them to work making the animal cakes for the party.
She had LOTS of help (as you can see) and did an AMAZING job!
Thanks cousin Kristin!
The cakes were the hit of the party! Kids were screaming "I want the lion!" or "I want the monkey!" I couldn't cut them fast enough!
I love this picture, not only b/c Lilly knew exactly what she was doing and was so excited but because the looks on the other kids faces just says it all.
She was an expert present opener and of course looked so adorable!
And the best part of the weekend was that we finally got to meet Miss Rita!! She was adopted in February from Russia by or cousins out in CA and we were so excited that they were able to come and visit us for the first time. She is a bundle of energy and fit right in with our little ones. We went to the Children's Museum on Sunday but I forgot my camera, so when I figure out how to upload pics from my new phone (or get some from someone else...hint hint), I will blog more about the great weekend. Thanks to all who came- especially the SanDiegoans!

On Lilly's actual birthday (Tuesday) she got to open her present from us...a HUGE doll house! Hopefully this will last for years to come! She was very excited and Lucas thinks the elevator is pretty cool and has already taken his hot wheels for a ride! I am sure that Barbies and Superman will get along well in the house. Everyone is welcome to come on over and play!

3 comments:

The Sandoval Family said...

Hey I've been saving Madi's barbie house for Lilly someday. Now who will I give it to?

A Room to Grow said...

We had such a great time! I'm so glad we came - great birthday party and great time seeing family!

Tam said...

Yes,I was looking for doll house pictures!! I love doll houses. Mine was very small. Having Lucas help Tim put it together is priceless! It was a great weekend! I think birthdays are better than holidays--less stress and it is someone's special day.