Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Finished Product...

Well, a few of you asked to see the final product, and I figured since I don't think anyone will even be here before it all comes down I might as well blog some of our Christmas decor! I don't have a pic of the lights outside, but Tim strung lights around the front perimeter and it looks cool. (I will try to add one later)
Here are our stockings waiting for Santa to come down the chimney...maybe we should take the child safety lock off so he can get in!
And here is our tree a few broken bulbs later. There is a little story about the red and white beads that we have on our tree. These were given to us by Tim's Grandma (who Lilly is named after). She strung them herself and said she use to hang them on her tree a long time ago. She passed away a few years ago and we miss her very much. She got to see Lucas walk right before she passed away and it is sad that Lilly won't know her Baba (Russian for grandmother) through more than pictures. Although the holidays can seem tough without those that you love, it is also a great time to recall memories of the times you did have together. I know that our grandparents and aunts and uncles that have passed are watching over us each day.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Everything looks so nice, thanks for sharing the pictures!

Tam said...

I like your beautiful fireplace decorations--how many stockings are there? I love the close up of the tree. Love, Gram