Monday, May 07, 2007

Mini and 5K

Well, Saturday was the day we have been training for since January. Tim ran the Mini (13.1 miles) with some of his friends and I walked/jogged the 5K. We both wish we would have done a little better, but it just gives us a time to beat for next year right? (I carried a throw-away camera with me so the pics aren't the best).
Tim and Maple lining up with 35,000 people about to run 13 miles!
We Did It!!!!!
The boys (minus Dave)... Good job Guys!! We are proud!
Aly was our little cheerleader!
Seeing all the people downtown was pretty amazing! It is the largest 1/2 marahton in the country. There were 35,000 people in the mini and 3,500 in the 5K. The weather was perfect, a little overcast but not too cool. We are definitely going to sign up for next year! Any new takers??

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you guys! Isn't it the greatest feeling to cross that finish line? Was Tim able to walk the next day?

houseofeling said...

I'll consider signing up with you. Sounds like a good way to get rid of the last of the babyfat....

Congrats on the race!

Roys Photography said...

You guys are awesome! I am so proud and challenged at the same time. I would love to get into shape to run the 5K. Don't think I would last 13 miles. Love you guys hope you aren't too sore.
Joanna

Anonymous said...

Great job! That is really amazing how many people participate - I'm in for next year...that is for the 5K - no 13 miles for me!

The Stamms said...

Great job guys! I would like to do the 5K walk next year...I'm definitely not a runner. I don't know about Tim, but Joe is still hurting a little today!!!

Karen a.k.a. lady fish said...

The Kuglers will probably be in it next year, too!

A Room to Grow said...

great job! next year the carlsbad 5000 around easter??!!