Friday, July 03, 2009

Yummmmmmmm...Strawberries!

So I took a little time off in the middle of June. I was going to be headed to NeoCon in Chicago for the yearly Interior Design TradeShow (another post) and I thought I might as well extend my fun week since work was slow and the weather for June was already beautiful. I headed up North to the old stomping grounds and caught up with my friend Steph, we stayed up late cranking out some Art which I then took to show to show an owner of a unique gift shop just down the road the next day (another post). Then met up with my girlfriends for Neocon in Chicago for a few days and then headed East to pick up the kids from Gram and Gramp's house. They had had a blast with daddy for a long weekend and then G&G for a day before I got there. And they were super excited to get to play again with cousins Noah and James for the day before we left. Amanda and I decided to head out for a little adventure with the older ones while baby James slept (don't worry, Grams stayed with him). So we headed down the road to a Strawberry patch . I think Amanda was a little unsure about the adventure at first, but it ended up being alot of fun.
The kids were great about finding strawberries, which we had to reiterate as only the bright red ones over and over. And then they wanted to show you each and everyone they found which was cute (at first).
They did a great job and it held their attention for about 20 min before they realized they could eat them, then I spent the next 10 min. convincing Lilly not to eat another one (as she shoved them in her mouth over and over).
We actually filled up the whole box before the kids started running around all crazy.
And now I think it is almost the season for Blueberry picking! Yummo!
And FYI, if you bring a few ziploc bags of strawberries back to show daddy don't step on them in the car (and therefore take them quickly out and set them on the shelf in the garage) and then accidentally leave them in there for two days in the midst of 90degree sauna-like weather because they will turn into two bags of mush. Sorry Tim! And sorry that we didn't get to enjoy the rest of our strawberries! :(

2 comments:

The Johnston Family said...

Luckily we got some of the strawberries before they made their way all the way home...thanks for sharing! sounds like an eventful summer so far!

joe said...

What a great memory to give your kids--they look like they are loving it. I love the photo of them both carrying the flat of berries.