Monday, July 20, 2009

Ummm...what was suppose to be a Throwback Neocon Post

Ok, so first of all I wanted to apologize that the last post was just a random picture of me. That was a mistake. It was suppose to be this post, but I only got one pic uploaded and thought I hit the save button when I must have hit the post button? Needless to say when I was up North at my friends house and saw a glimpse of my blog I was a little embarrassed.
Soooo....what the blog was suppose to be about was my Neocon trip to Chicago that happened over a month ago now. (I am soooo behind on blogging it isn't even funny). My Interior Design co-horts and favorite sales reps headed up to Chicago to the infamous Merchandise Mart to see all the latest and greatest that the furniture, carpet, wallcovering, fabric, lighting, and any other misc finish world has to offer. It was definitely less busy than in years past but that just made it easier to get around for us!
Neocon is essentially about seeing the latest and greatest, getting wined and dined by the best reps ever and enjoying a few "kid free nights" where you can get dolled up and hit the town is definitely a bonus!
The Mart itself is filled with fun photo ops- this one was a favorite...I mean how often can you sit inside a wood laminate "cave"?
And the pic you got to stare at for over a week. Sorry!
It is my new favorite self-portrait. And I did earn a new nickname "hotstuff" while we were there...which I guess has come from my "over-confidence" during Neocon. Recently I have been using a reverse psychology of sorts- where if you tell yourself (or other people) something over and over again then maybe it will actually be ingrained into your head as being true vs. what you really think of yourself? Not sure it is working and may come off snobbish at times? But I do feel better about myself lately (which is interesting considering the circumstances).

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Pretend I can whistle! Foxy mamma!!

Susan said...

Love this picture. You look absolutely fabulous!

The Johnston Family said...

ooh baby! luv the look!

Melanie said...

My cell is broken!!! Waiting on my replacement. Need to talk to you so we can plan. I'm thinking I'm flying in on Thursday the 13th. ?? I should facebook you all this, but I was over on the blog, thought I'd say hi and say that I can't wait!

designHER Momma said...

you are my boom boom pow-poppin' hotstuff.

joe said...

The picture of you guys in the cave is so good. It just needs laminate cup holders and some margaritas.