Tuesday, October 09, 2007

I do it myself!

Not sure if anyone else out there has a 2 nearly 3 year old who is in the phase of "No mommy! I do it myself! But this is pretty much what happens. It is either Cheerios all over the kitchen floor (b/c he thought he could pour more himself). Some sort of liquid all over the carpet or linoleum (b/c he thought the bigger cup of water would fit into somthing smaller)...which then his little sister tends to crawl through the mess and/or slip on. OR it is a 1/2 naked child running around peeing everywhere (b/c he decided that he can undress himself whenever he wants). Or I will find him trying to sneak off into a corner with something he is not suppose to have that he stole off my desk or where ever. And lucky me Lilly just learned how to open the kitchen cabinets today...wow do I have my hands full!! Anyone else?? Anyone?? Please tell me I am not alone...please.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should have maybe one or two more!!! Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Wow...you are not alone...at least your 2 1/2 year old did not let your 16 month old out the front door (when mommy wasn't looking)...only for mommy to find baby brother in the driveway!

Anonymous....ha...okay...Kelley Kearney

Anonymous said...

They are truly becoming more "independent"! It's somewhat scary isn't it?
Neil decided Sammy was hungry, so when we weren't looking he put a bottle in her mouth!!! He was "helping"

The Stamms said...

You're not alone! Although Jacob hasn't done everything Lucas has all by himself, he likes to tell me that all the time! And he wants choices...go figure!

The Sandoval Family said...

I kinda miss those days in a way. Today Austin's friend (9 years old ) came to the door. When I answered and said Ausatin was busy doing his homework, he replied he was here to hang out with Madison (6 years old) YIKES!!! It made me miss the spilling cheerios, running around naked days.

houseofeling said...

I'm right there with ya...

grubb girls said...

tell me about it....jenna already wants to do things by herself!!! she's not old enough for that yet!

The Johnston Family said...

times all that by 16 kids in a daycare and you're in for loads of fun!! =) p.s. love lilly's pigtail!!

A Room to Grow said...

after reading this, i am convinced that two children will be MORE than enough for us!

Roys Photography said...

Well, independence of course is important. But sometimes mommy just needs to still help. I had 5 at one time, remember? two one year olds, a 2 year old and 2 4 years old. It's soooo much FUN! Enjoy it while it lasts before you know it they will be driving.